Okay, and so I'one thousand back from Alt and am hither to give you the scoop on exactly what went down. I'll spare yous some of the details, just in short, it was crawly. I met a scattering of girls (and guys) I've been wanting to hug in person for ages, chatted with a lot of people I admire, and became official BFFs with a few very lovely ladies I already (kind of) knew.

This year was totally different than terminal year, for me at least, which was a very good matter. Last year, I was pretty much nervous the entire fourth dimension – I didn't know what to expect or who I might meet…Or if anyone would think my shoes were beautiful. This year was totally laid back and piece of cake. And fun! The best parts of Alt for me happened later the panels and parties were over- late night lounge meet ups, 'get real' conversations where nosotros laid information technology all on the line, and more than than one delicious dinner abroad from the hotel.

P.South. I have a picayune video version of today's post correct here on Vine. Have you lot installed this App even so? It's pretty awesome! Y'all can follow me at Brittni Mehlhoff if you want to meet more backside the scenes videos from yours truly.

Okay then back to Alt (in no particular club)…Stefan Sagmeister is THE human! He was the keynote on Friday and was (past far) my favorite speaker. He showed a clip from his upcoming documentary, The Happy Picture show, and I cannot wait to see information technology in full. You are going to want to see it too…unless you don't similar grin.

Other highlights? Well, Tanya from MSN gave me this Instax mini and I basically freaked out because I had, literally, been talking the night before with friends about how I wanted one. It was pretty cool. Needless to say, there were hugs.

My buds Lexy and Melissa put together an crawly issue before Alt chosen The How-do-you-do Social. It was really fun! There was a photo booth (higher up), a hot chocolate bar, goodies bags, and a whole slew of well dressed ladies. Congrats to L and M for pulling this party off. It was great.

Left to right. me // Ashley Rose of Saccharide and Cloth // Kelly Lanza of Studio DIY (at the Howdy Social)

This 'hello' tote from Whimsy Bags makes me smile (from the Hello Social) and helped me carry a whole lot of Alt goodies home.

My photograph booth backdrop and party props were a hitting in the #BingItToLife lounge on Thursday and Friday. The guys from Smilebooth, who took the photos, are awesome also by the style. In instance you didn't already know that.

If I didn't look completely awkward in every photo I've ever taken (it'due south okay, I've come to terms with it), I would post more than two of these photos. There are more photos hither and here on Smilebooth if you want to see more from all the attendees at Alt.

clockwise from top left. Rachel Kashon // Chelsea Costa // Ryan Foy // Alexandra Hedin // me // Kelly Lanza

I made a statement necklace in Ashley's Kollabora workshop. Ashley fabricated the one on the left, mine is on the right – and less awesome than hers. Yous can make your own likewise – total tutorial on Sugar and Cloth. *Kollabora is and then awesome…they let us accept abode a ton of supplies when the course ended. Thank you Kollabora!

And more goodies… I was gifted this awesome 'hello' sign from Holly at the Hullo Social. Cant await to prop information technology upwardly on my desk. Gosh in that location were a lot of goodies at Alt this year. But more and so than that, at that place were amazing, down to world people, who I can't wait to run into over again.

If you missed Alt Top this year, in that location are some nifty info online from a couple of the panels and some epitomize posts. Here are a few links of note…

  1. An Alt Superlative hangover from Lexy of The Proper Pinwheel
  2. How to craft for a living from Victoria of A Subtle Revelry
  3. Lessons learned at Alt from Chelsea of Lovely Indeed
  4. Alt Tiptop review from Jasmine Star
  5. Alt Meridian heart candy from Allessia of Petty Lessy
  6. 10 things learned at Alt from Whitney of The Curtis Casa
  7. Alt Peak snapshots from Camille of Camille Styles
  8. Inspiration and advice from Alt from PJ of Bunny & Dolly
  9. Alt epitomize from Brittany of the House that Lars Built
  10. Jenny'south take on Alt from Jenny of Hank & Chase

That's all for now. Business carte du jour roundups to follow…at some betoken.

All photos by Brittni Mehlhoff for Paper & Stitch, except Smilebooth photo berth pictures.